Personalized Healing. A Reputation for Excellence.
The Eating Disorders Program at Brandywine Hospital
Why Choose Brandywine?
Many programs specializing in the treatment of eating disorders throughout America. Here are program highlights that are the foundation of our quality care.
- Individualized approach in an attractive and supportive environment
- One of the most experienced treatment teams in the nation
- Round-the-clock nursing support
- 24/7 access to physicians
- Individual therapy three times per week with master's or doctoral level clinician
- Family therapy twice per week with doctoral level family specialist
- Daily group programming including cognitive and dialectical behavioral approaches
- Psychiatric management daily
- Experiential therapy with art, music, and movement modalities
- Individual nutritional counseling, education, meal planning, and supervision
- Off-unit meals and activities
- Recreational programming including supervised exercise as appropriate
- Educational support for middle and high school students
- Consultations with medical specialists as needed
- Spiritual support
- Program covered by most commercial insurance plans, Medicare and some Medicaid plans
Brandywine offers one of the most seasoned staffs available nationally. The program is headed by Michael Pertschuk, MD, with more than two decades of experience managing inpatient, residential, and partial hospital treatment programs for eating disorders. Many members of the treatment team have more than 10 years of eating disorders treatment experience. The core clinical team, including the program psychiatrist, dietician and therapy staff, has worked together for more than a decade. What this means for program participants is the advantage of a therapy team with a thorough understanding of eating disorders and their complications. Over the years we have managed challenges related to anorexia, bulimia and binge eating. We have also treated the emotional conditions frequently associated with these disorders including depression, anxiety, and post traumatic stress disorder.
Brandywine is unique in offering the comforts of a residential-like setting while affording participants the care of a full-service hospital can provide. Program participants live in a well appointed environment with WIFI, computers, and stylish furnishings. The hospital is situated on an attractive 77-acre campus, with a farmhouse and picnic tables immediately adjacent to the unit. Because we are part of a hospital, we offer round-the-clock nursing care within the program and 24/7 access to physicians. Consultations with medical specialists are readily available. Participants regularly go off the unit for meals in a separate dining room within the main hospital and utilize the hospital fitness facility and grounds for scheduled activities.
The program is in network with most insurance providers, some Medicaid programs and Medicare. Program staff work closely with participants, their families and insurers so that the extent of coverage is understood in advance of admission. Most insurance plans cover the major portion of costs.
The Next Step
Recovery can begin with a phone call. Prospective participants, their families or treatment providers are invited to call us at 877-406-0431 for additional information or to facilitate admission.
Visit www.brandywineeatingdisorders.com for more information.